It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The revive script
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:05 pm 

The revive script is an essential requirement for all missions, without it we cannot use medics to revive teammates. The revive script also allows you to place a a respawn marker anywhere on the map. Files found here

The script needs to be included in your mission folder before you save it as a multiplayer mission. Your mission folder is normally found here:

Documents/Arma 3 ÔÇô Other Profiles/yourname/missions/your_mission_name

The folder should look like this when everything is present:

To place a custom respawn location, place a marker in the editor called respawn_west.

Post subject: Re: The revive script
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:49 pm 

Keeno - Having a go at a mission with yours/plores/craps info. Opened the mission folder Keeno31@Chem_Warfare_[HC]MK7.Altis) that you kindly sorted for me before xmas and there is a folder in it called taw_vd. Do I need this ?.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:04 pm 

Keep that in m8, That's the view distance script that is operated with the scroll wheel. If you have anymore questions fire away.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:40 am 

We need a link to the official, official of officialness script we use, some old ones have bugs don't they?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:45 am 

I tried to use norrins revive script. and it is shit. I has too much other stuff that e don't use and it is clunky as hell to use. I hope norrin dies in a fire.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:18 am 

Norrins is the best by far (tried and tested for years), but IMO we don't need a revive script. I'm against its usage.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:13 am 

You would rather just respawn? I do think reviving is too simplistic at the minute, however there are mods that we could look at.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:20 am 

Well it depends on the mission. See, if we're playing a mission where it doesn't make sense to have a base - so we're escaping or something, having a static respawn point is detrimental. Having revive and/or rally point makes sense here.

However, take Sunday for example. We had transport helicopters and revive. The whole reviving thing makes the transport helicopters pointless. In missions like that, I don't think revive is appropriate.

Obviously it is down to the mission maker's judgement, but using revive/rally all of the time is daft, IMO.

Another reason I am against its use is that it simplifies the tactical situation. When everybody can be revived where they died, you always have 100% potential strength and can easily maintain momentum. When players respawn at a rally point or at a base, the effect of casualties is amplified. This adds another aspect to mission execution and also allows for the possibility of a failure. In short, revive allows death leapfrogging towards the objective. It makes it too easy and there is no real consequence to death.